Blueberry Cream Cheese Biscuits are like a biscuit and a blueberry muffin all in one! The cream cheese adds softness, while the buttery and crispy edges make it all biscuit with sweet blueberries in every bite!
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into very small pieces
- 4– ounces cold cream cheese, cubed
- 1 1/4 cup cold buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen and thawed blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt. Add the cream cheese and butter and use a fork, pastry cutter, or your hands to mix until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center of the mixture and pour in the buttermilk. Stir with a large spoon until just combined. Carefully fold in the blueberries until evenly distributed.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat the dough into a circle that is about 1 1/2 inches thick. Using a biscuit or cookie cutter, cut the dough into 12 equal rounds and place on your prepared baking sheet. Alternately you can drop the biscuit dough onto the baking sheet instead of cutting them out, which is what I did in the pictures above.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
Keywords:: cream cheese biscuits, blueberry biscuits, sweet biscuits, easy biscuits recipe