We call this “Food Court Chicken”! It’s just like the chicken they hand you when you walk through the food court on a toothpick! Sticky, sweet, and delicious!
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1– inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Optional – sliced green onions or chives to garnish
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, apple juice, water, vinegar, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, and black pepper. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium- high heat.
- Add the chicken to the skillet, stirring occasionally until browned and cooked through, 7-8 minutes.
- Add in the soy sauce mixture, and stir to combine.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes, until the liquid has reduced by about half.
- In a small bowl mix the cornstarch with 3 tablespoons of cold water until smooth.
- Add this into the chicken and stir to combine. Cook for 1 minute, as the mixture will thicken quickly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and serve over rice. Top with green onions if desired.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 410
- Sugar: 21.9 g
- Sodium: 781.1 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 25.1 g
- Protein: 46.3 g
- Cholesterol: 213.1 mg
Keywords: cookies and cups, chicken recipe, bourbon chicken, asian chicken, asian recipe, chinese chicken, sticky chicken