Brown Butter Cinnamon Crinkle Cookies are possibly the coziest cookie to ever exist. They’re sweet, full of brown butter and cinnamon goodness, and coated in powdered sugar for that perfect crinkle look!
- 10 tablespoons butter, sliced
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Place the butter in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the butter melts and begins to foam. Continue to cook, whisking (or swirling the pan) frequently until the butter becomes an amber color, this should take 2-3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and allow it to cool slightly.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- Add the granulated and brown sugar into the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Pour the cooled butter into the sugars and mix on medium speed to combine. Add in the eggs and vanilla, mixing just until smooth.
- Turn the mixer to low and slowly add in the flour mixture until just incorporated. Cover the mixing bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the powdered sugar in a shallow bowl. Divide the chilled dough into 1- tablespoon sized balls. Roll each ball into the powdered sugar and place onto the prepared pan, about 2- inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are set.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
The original recipe calls for 1/2 cup chopped pecans, mixing them into the dough after the flour. I omitted them for personal preference, but if you like nuts in your cookies I know they would be a great addition!
I also baked my cookies for much less time than the original recipe calls for, which is 18-22 minutes. I did this so my cookies would be soft. If you prefer a crunchier cookie bake for the full bake time, 18-22 minutes.
from the book: Quick Shop & Prep 5 Ingredient Baking
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 57
- Sugar: 2.5 g
- Sodium: 35.3 mg
- Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.7 g
- Protein: 1.5 g
- Cholesterol: 10.3 mg
Keywords: crinkle cookies, cinnamon cookies, crackle cookies, homemade cookies, best homemade cookies, homemade cookies recipe, brown butter cookies, easy cookies, easy cookies recipe