Brown Sugar Meatloaf is an easy weeknight meat that combines mouth-watering sweet and savory flavors in a classic dish!
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 small onion, small diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup finely crushed Ritz Cracker crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C
- Lightly spray a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Spread the brown sugar into the bottom of the pan evenly. Top the brown sugar with the BBQ sauce. Set the pan aside.
- In a large bowl combine the remaining ingredients and using your hands mix everything together evenly. Try not to over work the meat, which will result in a dense loaf.
- Place the meat on top of the BBQ sauce and press evenly into the pan.
- Bake the meatloaf for 60-70 minutes until the juices run clear or a meat thermometer inserted in the center reads 160°F/70°C.
- Allow the meat to rest for 15 minutes. Drain the excess fat and transfer the meat to a platter to serve.
Keywords: brown sugar meat loaf, brown sugar in meat loaf, brown sugar meatloaf recipe, best meatloaf recipe ever, easy meatloaf recipe, meatloaf homemade, meatloaf homemade recipe, how to make meatloaf