This easy dinner can be completely prepped the day before. It’s packed with flavor and might be your new favorite chicken dish!
- 1 pound tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 2–3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts (about 6)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning (OR 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1 teaspoon dried basil, 1 teaspoon dried rosemary)
- 6 thin slices mozzarella cheese
- In a medium bowl combined the all of the bruschetta ingredients. Stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place the chicken breasts in a zip-top bag. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, Montreal seasoning and Italian seasoning. Pour this marinade over the chicken. Close the bag, massage the chicken to coat it all with the marinade and allow it to marinate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat and cook chicken approximately 6 minutes on each side, or until chicken is cooked through. Turn the grill off, place a slice of cheese on each piece of chicken. Close the grill and allow the cheese to melt for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving tray and spoon the prepared bruschetta equally onto each piece of chicken.
- Serve over pasta, or a salad.
Keywords: chicken recipe, pasta recipe, cookies and cups, chicken, bruschetta, tomato