I hope this will become your go-to banana bread recipe! It’s the favorite in my house!
- 3 medium bananas, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- optional – 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick spray. Line the bottom and up the short sides with a strip of parchment paper. Spray again with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mash 2 of the bananas with a fork, leaving them slightly lumpy. Slice the remaining banana thinly, and set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together the butter and sugar. Mix in the eggs and vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Add the buttermilk, mashed bananas, baking soda, and salt, and stir until blended.
- Stir in the flour until just incorporated. Fold in the reserved sliced bananas, and walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, and then using the parchment paper as handles, carefully lift the banana bread out of the pan to cool on a wire rack.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Freeze airtight for up to 30 days for best freshness. Thaw at room temperature.
Keywords: cookies and cups, banana bread, buttermilk, recipe