- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 slightly beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- chocolate sprinkles to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 10×15 jelly roll pan with aluminum foil and coat lightly with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a saucepan combine butter, cocoa, both sugars, and water. Bring to boil and then immediately remove from the heat.
- In small bowl combine buttermilk, eggs and vanilla; whisk lightly with a fork. Slowly add this to the warm chocolate mixture, stirring constantly.
- Pour this into the dry ingredients, and mix until smooth.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes or until the center is set.
- When there is about 5 minutes left for the brownies to bake make your frosting.
- In a saucepan, butter, cocoa powder and buttermilk. Cook on medium heat until just boiling and remove from heat.
- Whisk in the powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Immediately pour/spread the frosting over warm brownies.
- Sprinkle with sprinkles immediately.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.