If you like easy seafood dinners or classic Italian cuisine, you will love this homemade Shrimp Scampi! Who can resist garlicky shrimp, tossed in a butter sauce with linguine?
- 1 pound linguine pasta
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 24 medium raw shrimp, deveined, cleaned, shell removed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook the linguine according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat 5 tablespoons of butter and olive oil into a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add in the onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until softened. Then stir in the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the shrimp into the pan, season with salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper and cook for 4 – 6 minutes or until pink and cooked through.
- Stir in the lemon juice and chicken broth, bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low.
- Add the cooked pasta into the skillet along with the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter. Use tongs or a spoon to coat the pasta in the shrimp mixture.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, add more salt and pepper if desired and serve immediately.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 565
- Sugar: 2.9 g
- Sodium: 427.5 mg
- Fat: 21.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 59.2 g
- Protein: 33.3 g
- Cholesterol: 223.6 mg
Keywords: shrimp scampi pasta, easy shrimp scampi, seafood dinner ideas