- 1 box Carrot Cake mix (I used Duncan Hines Decadent Carrot Cake)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Quick Oats
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the cake mix box there is a pouch of dehydrated carrots and raisins…soak these in 1 cup of hot water for 5 minutes to plump. Then drain thoroughly.
- Meanwhile in stand mixer combine cake mix, eggs and butter, mixing until incorporated. Add carrots, raisins and oats. Stir until evenly mixed. Batter will be very thick.
- Spoon batter by the tablespoon onto lined cookie sheet. Press down with a spoon to flatten. The cookies spread only slightly.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until just set.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 3-4 minutes and then transfer to wore rack to continue cooling.
- Frost if desired.
** If you are not using the Duncan Hines Decadent Mix add in 3/4 cup shredded carrot and 1 cup raisins to batter. Also make sure the cake mix is 18.25 oz
Recipe adapted from Duncan Hines