- 16 cups air popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup butter, divided into 2 equal parts
- 6 Tbsp light corn syrup, divided into 2 equal parts
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided into 2 equal parts
- 1 pkg. yellow (lemon) jello
- 1 pkg. orange jello
- white candy melts optional
- Preheat oven to 300
- Line 2 baking pans with foil. They should be large, approx 15×10.
- Separate your popcorn into 3 equal parts. Put each in it’s own large bowl.
- In one small saucepan over medium-low heat melt 1/4 cup butter and 3 Tbsp of corn syrup together until butter is melted. Add 1/2 cup sugar and 1 package of jello. Stir until sugar is dissolved and bring to a boil. Simmer on low for 5 minutes. Immediately remove from heat and pour over one of the portioned bowls of popcorn. Stir until the popcorn is evenly coated. Spread onto a lined baking pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Repeat this entire process with the other package of jello.
- When the popcorn is baked remove it from the oven and let it cool and break it into pieces.
- * Optional step ~ With the remaining bowl of popcorn you can melt the white candy melts and pour over the popcorn for your “white” layer.
For a cute presentation layer the popcorn in tall clear containers for a cute presentation, or layer in jars to give as gifts. You can also fill piping bags with the layers for treat bags.
Adapted from Kraft