Makes approx 40 cookies
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt (or you could use coarse or flaked sea salt for a saltier bite)
- approx 40 Hershey Caramel Kisses, unwrapped (less than one 12 oz bag)
- *Optional ~ 1/2 cup white chocolate chips + 1 tsp vegetable oil
- *Optional ~ 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips + 1 tsp vegetable oil
- *Optional ~ flaked sea salt to sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- In a large, microwave safe bowl combine semi-sweet chips and butter. Melt in microwave, in 30 second increments, stirring after each interval until just melted.
- Immediately add in vanilla and sweetened condensed milk, stirring until incorporated.
- Add flour and salt and continue stirring until all mixed in. Batter will get thick.
- Portion out about a tablespoon sized amount of the dough and shape it around the Hershey kiss.
- Place 1 inch apart on your baking sheet and bake for 8-9 minutes until tops are no longer glossy. Do not over bake, as the bottoms will get hard quickly!
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- If desired melt the white chocolate chips with the shortening and drizzle on top, repeating with the milk chocolate. Sprinkle with flaked sea salt while the chocolate is still wet.
You can use any type of Hershey’s Kiss you like best.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days
Recipe from my Mama’s recipe box