This 25-minute Cashew Chicken recipe is an easy takeout-inspired meal! A family-friendly dinner idea made from juicy chicken cooked with tender-crisp veggies in a flavorful sauce.
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons sesame oil
- 1½ teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- ½–1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
For the Chicken:
- 1– 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1½ pounds boneless chicken breasts, sliced thinly into 2-inch strips
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced very thin
- 8 ounces snow peas
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (8-ounce) can of sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cup cashews
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups cooked Jasmine Rice
- Sauce: Whisk all the ingredients for the sauce together in a bowl until smooth and set it aside.
- Chicken: Heat the canola oil in a large non-stick skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Season the sliced chicken with salt and pepper and when the oil is hot place the chicken into the skillet in batches, browning on each side. Make sure not to over-crowd the skillet. The chicken will cook quickly, 2- 3 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a plate and continue until all the chicken is cooked.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add in the carrots and snow peas, sauteing until they are soft, but left with a slight bite, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and water chestnuts and cook for 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat to low and return the chicken back to the pan. Add the reserved sauce and the cashews, then stir to combine. Cook until the sauce thickens, about 1 minute.
- Serve hot over jasmine rice.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords: chicken with cashews recipes, chicken with cashew nuts, cashew chicken stir fry