These easy low carb/keto friendly “Chaffles” are going to be your new go-to breakfast! They’re egg and cheese cooked in a waffle maker, creating a delicious alternative to boring omelettes or frittatas!
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mild cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- optional seasonings: salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parsley
- Heat a 4- inch waffle maker to high heat.
- Whisk together the egg and cheese, seasoning as desired.
- Lightly coat the waffle iron with nonstick spray.
- Spread half of the mixture (scant 1/4 cup) into the hot waffle iron. Cook for 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cook the remaining egg mixture.
- Serve warm.
If you prefer crispier chaffles, place in the toaster oven until crisp. This is great if using for sandwiches.
See the post for full recipe variation ideas.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, chaffles, keto, low carb, cheese, egg, breakfast