This spiced shortbread recipe is perfect with a cup of tea!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground black the leaves
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- optional – white chocolate for dipping and cinnamon sugar to sprinkle.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the butter, granulated sugar, vanilla, tea, pumpkin spice, ginger, allspice, cardamom, and kosher salt on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin, roll it out to 1/3- inch in thickness. Using a small (2- inch) round cookie cutter.
- Place cookies on prepared baking sheet 1- inch apart. The cookies don’t spread when baking.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes, or until lightly golden at the edge.
- Allow the cookies for cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Optional garnish – dip cookies into melted white chocolate, or drizzle white chocolate on top. Sprinkle the white chocolate lightly with cinnamon sugar or sprinkles.
Store airtight for up to 7 days.
Freeze airtight for up to 30 days for best freshness
Keywords: cookies and cups, shortbread recipe, shortbread cookies, cookie recipe, chai, christmas cookies