This Cheesy Garlic Pull-Apart Bread is stuffed with mozzarella cheese and coated in herb butter. Homemade garlic bread rolls are the best appetizer to pair with any hearty Italian meal!
- 3 1/4 to 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 packet Fleischmann’s® RapidRise Yeast™ (1/4- ounce or 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese (not grated)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1–1/2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1–1/2 teaspoons Italian Herb Seasoning
- Combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt into the bowl of your stand mixer and mix on low until blended. Combine milk, water and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high in 15 second increments until very warm but not hot to the touch (120° to 130°F. Butter won’t melt completely). Add to flour mixture and then add the egg.
- Mix with the paddle attachment for 2 minutes on medium speed, scraping the bowl as needed. Add 1 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed. If necessary, stir in just enough remaining flour so that the dough will form into a ball.
- Lightly flour your counter top and knead the dough until smooth and elastic and dough springs back when lightly pressed with 2 fingers, about 6 to 8 minutes. (Alternately you can switch out the paddle attachment for your dough hook on the stand mixer and do this step with the dough hook).
- Cover the dough with a towel and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Coat a 10- cup bundt pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Cut the cheese into 32 pieces or cubes. Set aside.
- Cut the dough into 32 pieces. Wrap each piece of dough around a piece of cheese.
- For filling, combine butter, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and Italian herb seasoning in a small bowl.
- Dip each dough ball into the melted butter mixture. Place in prepared pan. Pour any remaining butter over rolls and cover with towel. Let the dough rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake the rolls for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes in pan, then invert on serving plate.
- Serve warm.
Keywords: homemade garlic bread, cheesy garlic bread, how to make garlic bread, the best garlic bread recipe, garlic bread recipe, Italian side dish recipe, Italian appetizer recipe, easy garlic bread recipe, cheese stuffed garlic bread recipe