Creamy cheesecake fills these thick chocolate chip cookies for the ultimate cookie treat!
- 8– ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar, mixing on medium speed for 1-2 minutes until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Transfer the cream cheese mixture into a smaller bowl, and place in the refrigerator while you prepare your cookie dough.
- Using the same mixing bowl and paddle attachment mix the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add in the egg, the egg yolk, vanilla, baking soda, and salt, mixing for 1 minute until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips until evenly incorporated.
- Using a medium (2- tablespoon) cookie scoop, portion out the dough. Flatten each dough ball into a flat circle. Scoop 2- teaspoons of the cold cream cheese mixture out and place each scoop in the center of the flattened dough. Form the dough into a ball around the cream cheese, making sure it’s sealed inside.
- Place the cookie dough balls onto the baking sheet 2- inches apart and bake for 9 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the tops are just set.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store airtight refrigerated for up to 5 days. I love popping them in the microwave for about 10 seconds to warm them up and make them gooey.
I will say, I have made these and kept them at room temperature overnight and they were fine!
Keywords:: cookies and cups, cookie recipe, stuffed cookie, cheesecake, cream cheese, chocolate chip cookie, chocolate chip cookie recipe