Soft rolls, stuffed with a delicious cheesy, bacon, ranch mixture.
- 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann’s® RapidRise Yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup very warm water (120° to 130°F)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound bacon, cooked crispy, diced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon dry ranch seasoning
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dry ranch seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spay a 9×9 baking dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil and mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough (I used a little less than 2 cups). Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Replace the paddle attachment with a dough hook and mix on medium speed for 4 minutes. Alternately this step can be done by hand, if you prefer. Dough should form a smooth, elastic ball. Cover and let dough rest for 10 minutes.
- While the dough is resting, prepare the filling. Mix together the mozzarella, cheddar, cream cheese, and ranch seasoning in a large bowl until evenly combined. Set aside.
- On a floured surface roll the rested dough out to 14×12-inch rectangle and using a pizza cutter or knife cut into 24 squares. Place 1 tablespoon of the bacon cheese mixture on the center of each square. Pull corners together to enclose filling, pinching to seal. Place in the prepared pan, seam side down.
- To make the topping, mix together the melted butter and ranch seasoning in a medium bowl. Brush half of this mixture onto the tops of the dough balls. Reserve the rest of the butter for later.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the dough is lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and brush with the remaining ranch seasoned butter, heating up in the microwave for 10 seconds, if necessary.
- Serve warm.
This recipe was adapted from Fleischmann’s Cheesy Bacon Bites recipe.