These easy CHEESY Meatballs are perfect for a weeknight meal, a casual get-together, or game day! They can be made in the slow cooker OR on the stove top!
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage (like Jimmy Dean)
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 sleeve round butter crackers (like Ritz), crushed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 (1- ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 8– ounces cold Velveeta cheese, grated
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (10.75- ounces) condensed tomato soup
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a very large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Coat lightly with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl using your hands combine the sausage, ground beef, egg, heavy cream, crushed crackers, onion soup mix, and grated Velveeta. Don’t over-mix, but make sure all the ingredients are mixed evenly. Form into 1- inch meatballs and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15- 20 minutes until the meatballs are lightly browned and almost cooked through.
- While the meatballs are cooking stir together the brown sugar, chili powder, tomato soup, and water in your 6- quart slow cooker.
- When the meatballs are done cooking, transfer them from the baking sheet into the slow cooker. Stir gently to coat in the sauce. Cook on high heat for 4 hours.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. If you would like to make these on the stove top, follow steps 1-4, but instead of the slow cooker, mix the sauce in a large Dutch oven and heat over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Transfer the meatballs into the Dutch Oven and cook on medium-low heat for 45 minutes until the meatballs are completely cooked through.
- Serving Size: 3 meatballs
- Calories: 186
- Sugar: 11.2 g
- Sodium: 283.6 mg
- Fat: 7.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Protein: 14.4 g
- Cholesterol: 57.5 mg
Keywords: cookies and cups, meatballs, cheesy meatballs, crockpot meatballs, swedish meatballs recipe, easy meatballs