These Chewy Coconut Bars are so simple, sweet, perfectly chewy and loaded with natural coconut flavor. I love them so much I could eat one every day!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×9 baking dish with foil and coat with nonstick spray.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter over medium-low heat. Once butter is melted, continue cooking until it boils, swirling the pan constantly so the butter doesn’t burn. Slowly the butter will begin to brown. Once it has reached an amber color remove from the heat and stir in the brown sugar until completely combined. Using a rubber spatula stir in the eggs, vanilla, salt and baking powder.
- Next stir in the flour until incorporated and then finally the coconut.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes. The edges will be golden and the center will be almost set.
- Allow the bars to cool completely before cutting into squares.
Keywords: coconut dessert, coconut recipe, coconut cookies recipe, coconut flour dessert, dessert bars recipe, dessert bars, easy dessert recipe, easy dessert recipe few ingredients, best dessert recipe