These are an old fashioned Christmas Bar that my Grandma used to make! Easy, sweet, and delicious!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 11×7 baking dish with foil. Place the butter in the pan and place the pan in the oven while it preheats to melt the butter. Once the butter is melted, remove the pan from the oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl stir together the brown sugar, flour, salt, and baking soda until combined. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth. Stir in the nuts and spread into the pan with the melted butter.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until the center is set.
- Allow to cool completely, cut into bars and then dust with powdered sugar.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
I actually prefer these bars to sit overnight and cut them the next day, the flavors seem to meld together and the texture becomes denser and chewy.
Keywords:: christmas cookies, noels, pecans, brown sugar, walnuts