These Salted Honey Chewy Pumpkin Cookies are sweet, buttery, and perfectly pumpkin spiced. A crispy edge and a chewy center set these pumpkin cookies apart!
- 1 cup salted butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Optional – flaked sea salt to garnish
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Stirring constantly continue cooking the butter until it reaches a deep amber color and remove from the heat. This will take about 5 minutes. Allow the butter to cool for 30 minutes.
- While the butter is cooling, stir together the honey and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add in the brown sugar and honey into the cooled butter. Using a rubber spatula mix together, scraping up all the brown bits of the butter. Add in the egg yolk, vanilla, pumpkin, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice and mix until smooth.
- Stir in the flour until combined. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together the granulated sugar and cinnamon. Use a medium (3- tablespoon) cookie scoop to portion out the dough. Roll the dough into a ball and drop it into the cinnamon sugar mixture and coat. Place the dough onto the prepared baking sheet 3- inches apart. The dough will be soft but not sticky. Bake for 9 -11 minutes until the edges are golden. As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, drop (or bang) the pan down onto the stove top 5 times. This gives the cookies a crackly top, and reduces any airiness, making them even chewier.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with sea salt flakes if desired.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Freeze airtight for up to 30 days
Keywords:: cookies and cups, cookie recipe, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin recipe, fall baking, chewy cookies