These comforting casserole recipe is a classic that even the pickiest eaters will love! Stuffing, ham, chicken, and cheese round out this filling dish.
- 12-ounces lower sodium chicken flavored stuffing mix, prepared according to package directions
- 2 pounds cooked chicken, cubed or shredded (about 8 cups)
- 1 tablespoon chicken seasoning, like Montreal Chicken
- 1/2 pound deli ham, diced
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (10.75- ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a deep 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Prepare the stuffing according to the package directions. Set aside.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the chicken seasoning and toss to coat. Spread the chicken in the bottom of the baking dish. Evenly top the chicken with the ham.
- Sprinkle Swiss cheese, and 1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese on top of the ham.
- Mix the soup, milk, and parsley together and pour on top of the cheese layer.
- Spread the stuffing evenly on top and sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until cheese is melted and the top is lightly golden. If you notice the top browning too much tent with foil.
- Allow the casserole to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Store airtight in the refrigerator. You can divide this recipe and bake in 2 9×9 baking dishes. This is a great make-ahead option. Just cover the unbaked casserole with cling wrap and then foil and freeze for up to a month. To heat, remove the cling wrap, return the foil and bake for 45 minutes covered, and then 10-15 uncovered.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 488
- Sugar: 5.1 g
- Sodium: 1306.1 mg
- Fat: 21.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 30.1 g
- Protein: 42.1 g
- Cholesterol: 126.9 mg
Keywords: cookies and cups, casserole recipe, chicken cordon bleu, chicken recipe, chicken dinner idea, baked chicken cordon bleu, easy chicken cordon bleu