This easy Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup is a flavor packed soup recipe that’s perfect to make ahead on busy nights.
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (10- ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilis (like RoTel)
- 1 tablespoon Adobo Sauce (from a can of chipotle in adobo), optional also add one finely chopped chipotle pepper for heat
- 1 (15- ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups canned or frozen corn
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Tortilla chips to serve
- sour cream
- grated cheese
- lime wedges
- Place the diced onions in a small heat-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes, or until softened.
- Place the chicken breasts in your slow cooker. Add in the softened onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, canned tomatoes, Adobo sauce, black beans, corn, and chicken broth.
- Stir ingredients together, cover and cook on high for 4 hours or 6 hours on low.
- Remove the chicken from the soup and shred. Place chicken back in the soup and add the heavy cream. Stir to combine.
- Serve warm.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, chicken tortilla soup, crockpot soup, slow cooker soup, easy chicken tortilla soup