- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 chipotle, diced (from a can of chipotle in adobo)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons adobo sauce (from can of chipotle in adobo)
- 1 (1 ounce) packet lower sodium taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 (15 ounce) cans petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1–2 tablespoons adobo sauce from can of chipotle in adobo – depending on desired level of spiciness.
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Chopped Cilantro
- Serve with Rice
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, diced chipotle, adobo sauce, taco seasoning, and breadcrumbs. Mix well and form into golf ball sized meatballs.
- Place meatballs onto the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- While the meatballs are baking combine the diced tomatoes, minced garlic, adobo sauce, salt, and coriander in a large skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 10 – 15 minutes to combine the flavors and sauce is warm.
- When the meatballs are done baking place them in the sauce and coat in the sauce. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, garnish with cilantro if desired and serve warm over rice.
- If desired serve with avocado and a fresh lime to squeeze on top.