makes about 15 sandwiches
- 3–4 pound boneless pork shoulder
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp salt
Chipotle BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp TABASCO brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 14 oz cole slaw mix
- 2 apples, small diced
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp TABASCO brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to season
- Combine all dry rub ingredients together in a bowl. Place pork shoulder on a cutting board and coat with dry rub.
- Place pork in slow cooker for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low. Pork is done when it easily falls apart.
- When pork is done, prepare Chipotle BBQ sauce by combining ketchup, Worcestershire, vinegar, honey and TABASCO Chipotle Pepper Sauce in a bowl.
- Drain fat from pork and place back in slow cooker to shred with a fork or wooden spoon. Pour BBQ sauce over pork and stir to combine. Turn slow cooker to warm and cover until ready to serve.
- While pork is cooking prepare cole slaw. This can be made hours in advance.
- In large bowl combine prepared slaw and diced apples. In a separate bowl mix together yogurt, vinegar, TABASCO Chipotle Pepper Sauce, honey, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Pour this over the slaw/apple mixture. Stir to coat completely. Cover slaw and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serve pork on rolls topped with a heaping scoop of cole slaw.