This is a creamy, easy chocolate cheesecake recipe that is perfect for chocolate lovers!
- 24 chocolate sandwich cookies (like Oreos), finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 5 ounces semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Crust: Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl mix the cookie crumbs, sugar, and butter together evenly. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of 9- inch springform pan.
- Bake the crust for 8 minutes. Set aside while you make the cheesecake.
- Cheesecake: Melt the 10- ounces of chocolate in the microwave or using a double boiler until smooth. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the cream cheese and sugar on medium speed, until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add the sour cream and cocoa powder; mix well, scraping sides of the bowl as necessary. Add in the melted chocolate and then the eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until mixed. Don’t over mix. Pour the filling over crust and spread evenly.
- Double wrap the bottom of the springform pan with foil, sealing it tightly to prevent water from getting into the pan.
- Place the springform pan into a larger pan and pour very hot water into the pan, until it’s 3/4- inch deep, careful to make sure the water level doesn’t come up higher than the foil.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until the center is almost set. The center will still jiggle while the edges will be set.
- Carefully run a knife around the rim of pan to loosen cake. Allow the cheesecake to cool at room temperature for at least an hour.
- Ganache: Melt the chocolate and heavy cream in a small bowl in the microwave or in a small saucepan, and stir until smooth. Spread the ganache on top of the cooled cheesecake.
- Cover the springform pan and transfer the cheesecake into the refrigerator to chill for 6 hours or overnight.
- Release the sides of the springform pan before slicing.
Store airtight, refrigerated, for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 745
- Sugar: 47.4 g
- Sodium: 372.4 mg
- Fat: 53.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 60.3 g
- Protein: 11.6 g
- Cholesterol: 169.5 mg
Keywords: cheesecake, cookies and cups, chocolate, recipe, springform pan, cream cheese, melted chocolate, chocolate ganache, oreo crust