Chocolate Chip Cookie Mousse Bombs are the ultimate chocolate dessert recipe! If you consider yourself a chocolate lover, you have to try this mini mousse! Treat yourself to the best chocolate chip cookie you’ve ever tasted.
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 25 Chocolate Chip Cookies, approx (I used Chips Ahoy), 10 cookies chopped for mousse, 15 cookies for assembly
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp vegetable shortening
- optional ~ mini chocolate chips for garnish
- With your mixer combine softened cream cheese and powdered sugar on medium speed until smooth. Fold in Cool Whip.
- When Cool Whip is incorporated, gently fold in 10 chopped Chocolate Chip cookies.
- Chill Cream Cheese mixture for 2 hours in refrigerator.
- When ready to assemble, melt semi sweet chocolate chips with 1 Tbsp of vegetable shortening in microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds. Remove and stir, repeat until chocolate is melted.
- Lay 15 remaining cookies out on a flat surface.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, or cookie scoop, scoop approx 1/4 cup of mousse onto top of each cookie (pressing mousse gently into the cookie to help it stick), dipping each into the chocolate before moving onto the next. Transfer to a wire rack. Continue until you run out of mousse. Approximately 15 cookies.
- Garnish with mini chocolate chips, if desired and transfer back into the refrigerator to set, approx 15 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator when ready to serve.
amounts will vary based on the amount of mousse you put on each cookie. I used a scoop that holds scant 1/4 cup mousse and yielded about 15 “mousse bombs”
- Serving Size: 1 mousse bomb
- Calories: 340
- Sugar: 32.8 g
- Sodium: 117.7 mg
- Fat: 18 g
- Carbohydrates: 44.9 g
- Protein: 3.8 g
- Cholesterol: 9 mg
Keywords: chocolate mousse recipe, chocolate mousse bomb recipe, chocolate chip cookie recipe, how to make chocolate chip cookies, best chocolate dessert recipe, easy chocolate dessert recipe, mousse cookie recipe