- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups rice krispie cereal
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups Nestle “Buncha Crunch” or chopped Nestle Crunch Bars
- In a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat melt the butter and sugar together, stirring frequently. Add the cereal and salt and stir to coat. Continue stirring often, until the cereal is an amber color, 5 – 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a parchment lined counter or baking sheet to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter cubes until it’s smooth, about 1 minute. Add in both sugars and continue mixing on medium speed for 2 more minutes until light and fluffy, scraping the sides of your bowl as necessary.
- Next add in the cocoa powder until evenly mixed.
- With the mixer still on medium add in the eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt and mix for 1 minute until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl making sure everything is incorporated.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in your “Buncha Crunch” or chopped Crunch Bars, and Caramelized Krispies until incorporated.
- Using a large (3 tablespoon) cookie scoop drop the dough onto the prepared cookies sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until the edges are set. Centers might seem under-cooked, this is ok.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 3 minutes on the cookie sheet and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.