Chocolate Marbled Banana Bread is so easy to make! This banana bread recipe is moist and fluffy, filled with chocolate chips and a gorgeous chocolate banana swirl.
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×5- inch loaf pan with nonstick spray. Cut parchment paper into a strip so that it fits in the bottom of the pan and up sides. Coat again with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Make the Chocolate Banana Bread: In a bowl whisk together 3/4 cup all purpose flour, brown sugar, cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt. Set aside.
- Make the Regular Banana Bread: In a bowl whisk together the remaining 1 cup all purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/2 cup granulated sugar. Set this aside as well.
- In another bowl mix together the melted butter, sour cream, mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla extract. Divide this mixture in half between the chocolate and regular banana bread dry ingredients. (It will be approximately 1 2/3 cups of the mixture in each) and stir to incorporate.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips into each mixture.
- Drop spoonfuls of each batter into the prepared pan, alternating as you add. Once all the batter is added, use a butter knife to gently swirl the batters together. Don’t over-swirl.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips on top and bake for 50 – 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 20 minutes before using the parchment paper to lift the bread from the pan and transfer to a cooling rack.
Serve warm or at room temperature
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Freeze airtight for up to 30 days for best freshness.
Keywords: chocolate banana bread, chocolate chip banana bread, easy banana bread recipe