- 1 pie crust
- 1 cup cocoa powder, sifted (I used Hershey’s Special Dark for a deep chocolate flavor)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 7 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Place pie crust in 9″ pie pan, pinching the crusts.
- In a mixing bowl combine combine sifted cocoa powder, both sugars, salt, eggs and vanilla.
- Beat on low until ingredients combine together and then on medium until smooth and glossy, about 45-60 seconds.
- Pour batter into crust and bake for 35-40 minutes until center is set.
- Remove from oven and cool before slicing.
Serve with ice cream and chocolate sauce.
You might need to use a pie crust shield to help prevent the crust from getting too brown.
Recipe adapted from Babble