- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 envelope Fleischmann’s® RapidRise™ Yeast
- 2 cups very warm milk (120° to 130°F)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl combine the flour, granulated sugar, salt, cinnamon and yeast. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl heat milk and butter until very warm (120°-130°F). Add in the eggs, vanilla, and milk mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just blended. Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight. Alternately, instead of an overnight, refrigerator rise, cover and let batter rise in a warm, draft-free place for 45 minutes until doubled.
- When the batter has doubled, uncover it and stir.
- Preheat your waffle iron, coat lightly with non-stick spray and cook according to the manufacturer directions. I used a cup of batter for each of my waffles in a Belgium Waffle maker.
- Combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon. Using a pastry brush, brush all sides of the waffles with butter, Generously sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture on the waffle, tapping off any excess.
- Serve warm.
recipe adapted from Overnight Waffles on Breadworld.com