Soft peanut butter cookies with a warm Hershey’s kiss in the center – these Peanut Butter Blossoms are a Christmas classic! And they’re easy enough to enjoy year-round.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 24–30 unwrapped Hershey’s Kiss candies or miniature peanut butter cups
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the peanut butter, butter, 1/4 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes until creamy.
- Add in the egg, vanilla, baking soda and salt and mix for 30 seconds until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour. Mix until just combined.
- Cover the dough and chill the dough for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Place the reserved 1/4 cup of granulated sugar in a bowl.
- Roll the dough into 1 1/2-inch balls and then roll them into the remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar.
- Place the balls onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 8-9 minutes, until the cookies are just set.
- Gently press a Hershey’s Kiss into the center of the warm cookies.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store airtight for up to 3 days.
Keywords:: peanut butter blossoms, peanut butter blossom cookies, easy cookies, chewy cookies, christmas cookies, best christmas cookies