These sweet Coconut Cookies are a perfect combination of a coconut macaroon and a buttery sugar cookie!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar for 2 minutes on medium speed. Add in the eggs, vanilla, salt, and baking soda and mix until smooth, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined then add in the coconut mixing until incorporated.
- Using a medium (2- tablespoon) cookie scoop drop dough onto the prepared baking sheet 2- inches apart. Bake for 9 – 10 minutes, until the cookies are lightly golden at the edge. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3- 4 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days for best freshness.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, coconut cookies, cookie recipe