Coconut Cream Cheese Pound Cake is a soft, sweet pound cake with coconut throughout. This rich cake recipe is the ideal dessert to present at any party or family gathering – it’s everything a perfect pound cake should be!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1 teaspoon coconut extract)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded flaked coconut
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2–3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat a 10 cup bundt pan with nonstick spray OR coat with shortening and lightly dust with flour, tapping off excess. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the butter and cream cheese together on medium speed until smooth. Add in sugar and mix for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, the extract(s), salt, and baking powder until mixed, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just incorporated.
- Stir in the coconut.
- Spread batter into your prepared pan and bake for 70-80 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes and then invert pan onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Whisk the powdered sugar and milk together until smooth. Pour the glaze on top of the cake while it’s still warm.
store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days
Keywords:: pound cake recipe, cream cheese pound cake recipe, homemade pound cake recipe, how to make pound cake, coconut cream cheese pound cake recipe, coconut pound cake recipe