These chewy Coconut Macaroons are a quick and easy dessert made with just 6 ingredients. They’re crispy on the outside and soft on the inside!
- 4 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 4 large egg whites, room temperature
- 2/3 cup cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the coconut and flour until combined and flour coats most of the coconut.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the egg whites, granulated sugar, salt and vanilla on high speed for 3 minutes. Mixture will be opaque and glossy but won’t form stiff peaks. Fold in the coconut mixture until combined evenly.
- Using a 1.5-tablespoon cookie scoop (or a heaping tablespoon), drop the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the edges and tops are golden. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
PRO TIP: These produce a less sticky macaroon, which is what I prefer. If you like your macaroons to have a stickier texture, only mix the egg whites until they’re foamy and the sugar is almost all dissolved, not until they are glossy and opaque! It’s a simple trick that allows you to control the texture!
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Keywords:: coconut macaroons recipe, easy coconut macaroons, how to make macaroons, macaroons recipe, what are macaroons, easy cookies