- 3/4 cup coconut oil, in solid form
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg, plus 1 yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 cups trail mix
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the coconut oil and brown sugar together for 2 minutes on medium speed until smooth, scraping the sides as necessary. Add in the egg, yolk and vanilla and continue mixing until smooth.
- With the mixer still on medium add in the baking soda and salt and mix for 30 seconds longer.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, coconut and oats mixing until incorporated.
- Finally stir in the trail mix.
- Using a 2 tablespoon sized cookie scoop, place the dough onto the prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes until the edges are lightly golden, making sure not to over-bake. The cookies might even seem a tiny bit under-baked, this is fine.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool.
Use any kind of trail mix you prefer. I used one with M&Ms, chocolate chips, peanuts, almonds, raisins and peanut butter chips.