- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet baking melts or chunks
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Line a 9×13 pan with aluminum foil and coat liberally with nonstick spray.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the butter and both sugars for 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, vanilla, salt and baking powder and mix for an additional minute on medium, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- Finally add in the baking melts or chunks and the milk chocolate chips.
- Spread the dough into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until the edges are set and litghly golden and the center appears slightly underbaked.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow the bars to cool completely before cutting.
- Alternately you can chill the bars before cutting.
store at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.