Congo Bars are an amped up chocolate chip cookie bar with 2 types of chocolate to make them extra gooey!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chunks, or chopped chocolate
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper and coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and the light and dark brown sugars together for 2 minutes on medium speed. Add in the eggs, vanilla, salt and baking powder and mix for an additional minute on medium, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- Finally add in both kinds of chocolate and stir to incorporate.
- Spread the dough into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until the edges are set and lightly golden and the center appears slightly under-baked.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow the bars to cool completely before cutting.
- Alternately you can chill the bars before cutting.
store at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, cookie bars, congo bars, chocolate chip cookie bars, chocolate chips