The ULTIMATE Truffle recipe!
- 1 boxed brownie mix, prepared and baked according to package directions and cooled completely
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Brownies: Bake the brownies according to the packages directions and cool completely. *Alternately you can use a homemade brownie recipe for this, but it’s not necessary.
- Cookie Dough: In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, milk, vanilla, and salt together on medium speed for 1 – 2 minutes until combined and smooth. Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined. Stir in the mini chocolate chips until evenly incorporated. Cover the cookie dough and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour to make it easier to handle.
- Line a baking sheet wit parchment or wax paper. Set aside. When the dough is chilled, portion out 1 teaspoon(ish) of the cookie dough and roll it into balls about the size of large marbles. Place them on the prepared baking sheet and place in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Assembly: Break up the cooled brownies using your hands or a fork. Squeeze roughly 2 tablespoons of the broken brownies in your hand so they hold together and form a ball. Flatten the ball into a disk and place a chilled cookie dough ball into the center. Wrap and form the brownie around the cookie dough and place back onto the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
- Coating: Place chocolate chips in in a medium bowl, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each, until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Using a fork, dip the brownie ball into melted chocolate sprinkle. Top with mini chocolate chips, or once set, drizzle with extra melted chocolate to create stripes.
- Place truffles in the refrigerator so the chocolate sets quickly.
*If you would like to make homemade brownies in place of the boxed brownies, try my Fudgy Brownie Recipe.
Store airtight for up to 5 days in the refrigerator or at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, truffles, cookie dough, brownies, cookie dough truffles