Cookies and Cream Frosting is a sweet and simple way to make your cake more delicious! Skip the plain chocolate or vanilla icing and mix some crushed Oreo cookies into this fluffy buttercream frosting instead. Everyone will LOVE the result!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 15 chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine the butter and powdered sugar, mixing until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add in the vanilla and mix and continue mixing until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the crushed cookies until evenly incorporated.
- This recipe makes 4 cups of frosting.
- Frost your cake immediately or store it airtight in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
- To make the chocolate ganache, melt together 1 1/2 cups of chopped chocolate and 2 tablespoons of whole milk. Cool slightly and pour on top of the cake slowly, letting it slowly drip down the sides of the cake.
Keywords:: oreo frosting, best buttercream frosting, homemade frosting