Cream Cheese Churro Rollups are a cheater version of a churro, but filled with sweet cream cheese and baked up nice and crispy. These cinnamon dusted pastries are the sweetest dessert – guaranteed to be a family favorite!
- 4– ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 8 slices white bread, with crusts cut off
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla using a spoon or electric mixer. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, large enough to dip the bread in, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Prepare the melted butter in a similarly sized bowl.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten out the white bread.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture on top of each slice of flattened bread and spread the cream cheese to coat the tops of the bread slices.
- Roll up each slice of bread tightly. Dip each roll into the melted butter and then coat in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place the roll ups on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Serve with caramel sauce to dip, if desired.
Store airtight at room temperature.
- Serving Size: 1 churro
- Calories: 239
- Sugar: 13.5 g
- Sodium: 187.9 mg
- Fat: 13.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.7 g
- Protein: 3.5 g
- Cholesterol: 34.5 mg
Keywords: how to make churros, cream cheese churro recipe, cream cheese churro rollup recipe, cheater churro recipe, how to make cream cheese filled churros, easy pastry recipe, churro rollup recipe