These cream wafers are a light pastry cookie filled with sweet, creamy buttercream. Adorable and delicious!
- 1/2 cup butter cut into cubes, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- optional – food coloring/sprinkles
- Prepare the Wafers: In the bowl of your stand mixer combine the butter, cream, and flour on low speed until the dough comes together.
- Chill the dough for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out the dough to 1/8- inch thick. Using a small (1.25- inch) round cookie or pastry cutter cut the dough out and place on the prepared baking sheet. Prick with a fork 3 or 4 times.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, until lightly golden on the bottoms.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare the Filling: In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter, powdered sugar, cream, and vanilla until smooth and creamy, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Divide the filling as desired and mix in a drop of food coloring to achieve the color(s) desired.
- Fill a pastry bag(s) or zip-top bag with the corner cut off with the filling. Squeeze a small amount of the filling onto the bottom of half the cookies. Alternately, you could use an offset spatula to spread the filling. Top the filling with the remaining cookies and roll in sprinkles if desired.
Store airtight for up to 3 days
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 88
- Sugar: 3.7 g
- Sodium: 1.3 mg
- Fat: 6.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.8 g
- Protein: 0.6 g
- Cholesterol: 16.5 mg
Keywords: cookies, cookies and cups, christmas cookies, wafer cookies, cream wafers, buttercream