Creamy Chicken and Rice is an easy one-pot meal that is just cozy in a bowl! Made with Jasmine rice, crisp frozen peas, and tender chicken in a creamy parmesan white wine sauce.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1– inch cubes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine *see note
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat melt the butter. Add in the onions, chicken, seasoned salt, Italian seasoning, and pepper and cook for 6-7 minutes until the onions are softened and the chicken is lightly browned. Add in the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add in the chicken stock, wine, and rice. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover the pan, and reduce the heat to medium low. Cook for 20 minutes, until the rice is tender.
- Add in the peas and cook for 1 minute until warm. Stir in the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with more Parmesan cheese if desired. Serve warm.
If you don’t prefer to cook with wine, you can use all chicken stock.
The chicken will release liquid as it begins to cook, which will vary. A little liquid is ok, but if it releases an excess of liquid simply drain or spoon it out of the pan. Too much liquid in this dish will make it soupy.
Keywords: one pot meals, easy chicken recipe, family friendly dinner