This creamy Pumpkin and Bacon Pasta is ready in 30 minutes and filled with the flavors of fall! Made with tender pasta tossed in a velvety pumpkin cream sauce, spiced with nutmeg and a touch of crushed red pepper.
- 1 pound bacon, chopped
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (15- ounce) can of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup light cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Optional garnish – fresh parsley
- 1 pound pasta cooked according to package directions, make sure to salt your water when it comes to a boil.
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat, cook the bacon and onion together until the bacon is crisp and the onions are soft and lightly caramelized, about 15 minutes.
- Drain excess bacon grease from the skillet and add in the wine and stock, scraping up the brown bits in the bottom of the pan. Add in the crushed red pepper, nutmeg, pumpkin, cream, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and bring the mixture to a low boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and stir to coat. Garnish with fresh parsley and more parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Serve immediately
- If you don’t have wine, you can omit it and increase the stock
- Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Can also be made with ground sausage instead of bacon.
Keywords: pumpkin pasta sauce, pasta in pumpkin sauce, fall dinner ideas