You guys are going to flip for these Crispy Bits Chocolate Chip Cookies! This chocolate chip cookie recipe is made both crispy and soft, with a fun secret ingredient. Perfect for every chocolate lover out there!
- 1 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer cream butter and both sugars together for 2 minutes, scraping the sides as necessary. Add in egg, extra yolk and vanilla and beat until smooth. With mixer still running add in baking soda and salt, incorporating evenly. Turn mixer to low and add in flour, mixing until dough comes together. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Portion out 1 1/2 cups cookie dough and using this dough drop teaspoon sized mounds onto baking sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake for 9-10 minutes until brown, but not burnt.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack. Continue with remaining dough.
- Once all mini cookies are baked and cooled break into coarse pieces and add them BACK into the remaining dough. Pulse with mixer, just to incorporate the cookies.
- Using large cookie scoop (3 Tbsp) scoop the dough back onto the baking sheet and bake large cookies for 8-9 minutes.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 3-4 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Store air tight at room temperature for up to 5 day
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 216
- Sugar: 17.8 g
- Sodium: 216.6 mg
- Fat: 12.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.2 g
- Protein: 2.4 g
- Cholesterol: 28.1 mg
Keywords: chocolate chip cookie recipe, how to make the best chocolate chip cookies, how to make chocolate chip cookies, chocolate dessert recipe, chocolate cookie recipe, chocolate chip dessert recipe, homemade cookie recipe, homemade chocolate chip cookie recipe