Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie is an easy version of the classic comfort food! Prepped in just minutes and served with buttery, pie crust pieces this is a family friendly weeknight dinner winner!
- 3 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon (I used Better Than Bouillon)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 (0.87- ounce) packet dry brown gravy mix
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (24- ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 round pie crusts
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Place chicken in the bottom of your 6- quart slow cooker.
- Add in the bouillon, flour, dry gravy mix, and heavy cream. Mix to combine.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or until the chicken is tender.
- Shred the chicken in the liquid, and add in the frozen vegetables.
- Cover and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Unroll the pie crusts, and using a pizza cutter or knife, cut into 2- inch rectangular pieces. This doesn’t need to be exact, as the pie crust is a garnish.
- Whisk together the egg and water creating an egg wash.
- Place the cut dough pieces onto the prepared baking sheet and lightly brush the top of the dough with the egg wash.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Serve the chicken mixture in a bowl and top with pie crust as desired.
Store chicken filling airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Store pie crust airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 347
- Sugar: 2.6 g
- Sodium: 332.1 mg
- Fat: 12.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.1 g
- Protein: 41.5 g
- Cholesterol: 164.4 mg
Keywords: cookies and cups, slow cooker, crock pot, pot pie, chicken recipe, chicken pot pie, dinner, pie crust