This copycat Crumbl Cookie recipe is SPOT ON! I have nailed the texture and flavor of the famous milk chocolate chip cookie!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cups milk chocolate chips, plus more to press into the top of the dough after baking
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. LIne a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix together the butter, light brown sugar, and granulated sugar on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch and mix for 1 minute, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and mix in the flour until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Portion out a rounded 1/3 cup of cookie dough (4.2- ounces) and roll into a ball. Break the cookie dough ball in half, turn the dough so the jagged broken edge facing up and then press back together with the to create a craggily top. *See note. Place the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet 3- inches apart. I bake 5 cookies at a time.
- Bake for 10 – 11 minutes, until the edges and top are slightly golden. Don’t over-bake.
- Press additional chocolate chips on top of the baked cookies for a bakery-style appearance. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
*Creating the “craggily” top is very simple. But to clarify a little more, just measure out the dough, roll it into a ball and then break that ball evenly in half. Turn the halves so the broken edges are facing up and then press the halves back together so the top is jagged. I created a video showing you how to do this on Instagram. Here’s the link.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days. Freeze airtight for up to 30 days for best freshness.
Keywords: cookies and cups, chocolate chip cookies, crumbl cookie recipe, copycat recipe