Makes 20 cupcakes
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup finely chopped Snickers Candy Bars
Devil’s Food Cupcakes
- 1/3 cup Canola Oil
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder ( I prefer Hershey’s Special Dark)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- *optional ~ chocolate and/or caramel sauce for drizzle
- *optional ~ extra chopped Snickers for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Line muffin pan with cupcake liners, set aside.
- In medium bowl beat cream cheese, light brown sugar, egg and vanilla with a hand mixer until smooth. Stir in chopped Snickers.
- In a larger bowl whisk together oil, brown sugar, water, vinegar and vanilla until brown sugar is dissolved. Sift in flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Stir until batter just comes together.
- Fill cupcake liners halfway full with Devil’s Food batter. Top with a heaping tablespoon of the cheesecake mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes until tops of cupcakes are set.
- Transfer cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
adapted from The Butch Bakery Cookbook