Dijon Maple Sheet Pan Chicken with Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash is the perfect fall easy chicken recipe
- Nonstick spray
- 4 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 large bone-in chicken thighs (6 1/2 ounces each), skin removed and fat trimmed
- 4 skinless chicken drumsticks (3 1/2 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 12 onces Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 12 ounces butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line an 18 x 13- inch large rimmed sheet pan with foil or parchment paper. Coat with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of the mustard, 2 tablespoons of the maple syrup, and the soy sauce.
- Season both sides of the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste, then arrange it on the prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the Brussels Sprouts, butternut squash, thyme, olive oil, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Season with pepper and toss well. Arrange the vegetables on the baking sheet around the chicken. Pour the Dijon-maple sauce over the chicken, turning to coat completely, and pour any remaining sauce over the vegetables.
- Bake until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender, about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 tablespoon each mustard and maple syrup.
- Brush the mustard/maple syrup mixture over the chicken. Bake for 5 more minutes, until browned, and serve right away.
I used boneless chicken thighs in place of the bone-in chicken and it worked fantastically. I decreased the bake time slightly, as not to overcook the boneless chicken.
- Serving Size: 1 drumstick + 1 thigh + 1 cup vegetable
- Calories: 527
- Sugar: 13 g
- Sodium: 1,153 mg
- Fat: 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 59 g
- Cholesterol: 264 mg
Keywords:: sheet pan recipe, sheet pan chicken, chicken recipe, easy chicken recipe, chicken dinner, chicken thighs recipe, brussels sprouts