These Dirty Chocolate Chip Cookies are super soft chocolate chip cookies loaded with Oreo bits and rolled in Oreo dust! They’re the ultimate Oreo cookies.
- 24 Oreo cookies, divided
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Coarsely chop 12 Oreo cookies and set aside. Reserve the remaining 12 for later use.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the butter and both sugars together for 2 minutes. Add in the eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt and mix for an additional minute, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and coarsely chopped Oreo cookies.
- Chill the dough for 2 hours or overnight.
- When you’re ready to bake the cookies preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Separate the remaining Oreo cookies and scrape the cream filling from the cookie and discard. Place only the cookies in a food processor or blender and blend until they are a fine crumb. Place the cookie crumbs in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator and roll the dough into 2 tablespoon sized balls.
- Next roll each cookie dough ball into the Oreo crumbs.
- Place the cookie dough balls on the baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies 10-12 minutes until the edges are lightly golden.
store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days for best freshness
Keywords:: oreo cookies recipe, chocolate chip cookies with oreos, chocolate chip oreo cookies, best chocolate chip cookies, best chocolate chip cookies recipe, homemade cookies recipe