This quick and easy Divinity Candy recipe will have you making tasty truffles for every occasion. These old-fashioned sweets come together with just 6 ingredients!
- 2 egg whites, room temperature
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form. Replace the whisk attachment for the paddle attachment and set aside.
- In a medium, heavy bottom saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and water over medium heat. Stir frequently until the mixture comes to a boil. Place a candy thermometer onto the side of the pot and allow to boil without stirring until the mixture reaches 260°F (hard ball stage). This will take 10-15 minutes. The mixture will still be light in color.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and turn the mixer back onto high speed. Slowly pour in the hot candy mixture in a steady stream until all is added. Add in the vanilla. Allow this to mix on high for 6-8 minutes, until the mixture is thick and just loses its glossiness and holds its shape. If the mixture doesn’t hold its shape when you pull the paddle attachment out, continue mixing until it does. You can also test this by scooping out a spoonful of the candy and placing it on the parchment paper. If it holds into a ball, it’s ready.
- Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, hand-stir the chopped pecans into the mixture.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonful onto the lined baking sheet. You can spray your spoon or scoop with nonstick spray to help the mixture come off the spoon easier. Alternatively, you can line an 8×8 pan with parchment, coat it with nonstick spray and spread into the pan using an offset spatula.
- Allow the candy to set up completely before cutting and/or serving.
Store airtight for up to 5 days or freeze airtight for up to a month. Candy will get sticky if exposed to humidity.
Feel free to add in coconut, any other chopped nuts or dried fruit in place of, or in addition to the pecans.
You can also get creative with the extract you use. Almond, peppermint or coconut would be great!
Keywords:: divinity candy recipe, homemade candy, how to make candy, candy recipe, christmas candy, christmas candy recipes, old fashioned christmas candy